Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Peach Kings



Meeting in 2010, Paige MacLean of Texas and Steven Trezevant of L..A., now make up The Peach Kings. Originally collaborating in San Francisco, currently they are based out of Los Angelis. From the moment I heard them, I thought they had a unique but familiar sound, thus earning them a spot light position in Musically Connected.

“Thieves and Kings” was the first video I had the pleasure of viewing. The sensuous, soulful voice of Paige quickly got my attention. Steven brings everything together with his abilities on the guitar and back ground vocals. This is not to under estimate his talent when it comes to lead vocals. After viewing “thieves”, I couldn’t wait to see other videos and I was not disappointed. The Peach Kings definitely have a new fan. To my knowledge, this team is still unsigned. If this is the case, I am sure they will get signed very soon.

The collaboration of Paige and Steven saw the birth of an EP in September, 2011. Due to local air play and the internet, Trip Wop, their EP, was well received. Currently, they are working on a new single as well as doing some performing.

I am expecting great things from The Peach Kings in the future. Whether your genre is Rock, Folk, Soul or R & B, it is a safe bet that you will love Paige and Steven. This team is a must hear and one to watch.